Saturday, September 5, 2009

First Post RNZAF No. 6 F/B Squadron

This is the first post to the RNZAF No.6 Flying Boat Squadron Blog.

I intend to post information relating to the history of RNZAF No.6 F/B Squadron primarily from the period of it's formation in Fiji in May 1943 to it being disbanded in September 1945.

Most of the information was acquired from 6 Squadron members in the course of an exercise conducted by myself and my father, Alastair 'Scotty' Scott, in 1992 and 1993. Scotty was 6 Squadron Adjutant in 1944-1945 and he retired in 1971.

His is death in November 1993 cut short plans for a book, and I now publish the stories and information here in the hope that the families of the men of 6 Squadron will gain an appreciation of their wartime experiences.

Photos related to this blog can be found on my Flickr site at http://www.flickr.com/photos/adelaide_archivist/sets/72157604150119757/

Also I am most interested in sharing and publishing any information that squadron members or their families may wish to share. I can be contacted at zk_jrs@yahoo.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment